Monday, March 26, 2007

Texas Update



So, I talked to the boss man down in Texas and here's the skinny on the move: I'll be in Knoxville for another 4 to 6 weeks. That will put me in Texas in late April/early May. I just did a little research and here is what I will be expecting, weather wise, when I am moving in. The average high temperature for May is 83 degrees, so that's not bad considering it is about that temperature right now in K-town. I swear, where did spring go? It was nice for like 3 days, then BAM! 80 degrees. I hope it cools off a little before summer starts. Anyway, for your reading pleasure, here are some more facts about Fort Worth:



  • Fort Worth is the fifth-largest city in the state of Texas and the 19th-largest in the United States.

  • Currently Fort Worth stands as the 9th safest U.S. city among those with a population over 500,000.

  • The bus service is know as "The T"...haha

  • Texas is a strong center for recreational cycling as well as racing. The largest ride in the U.S. is the "Hotter'n Hell Hundred" (August in Wichita Falls, TX) drawing 11,000 riders annually, half of which are from the Fort Worth / Dallas Metroplex. My boss told me his sons did this ride on single speeds.

  • Billy Bob's Texas - World's largest honky-tonk with a 4,800-sq.-ft. rodeo area, 600 feet of bar rails, a 1,650-sq.-ft. stage for country/Western entertainment with top stars, shops, games, and restaurants

  • ~35 miles of paved bike trails pass through Fort Worth, allowing riders to traverse the city without ever crossing a road at grade level.

Bring on the honky tonk.

No comments: