Wednesday, August 1, 2007

New Month, New Job

It's August 1st!

First off, I would like to say a big Happy Birthday to Sharon. I hope your day was spectacular.

Secondly, I started my new job today! I showed up to SIRC, Starbucks in hand, at 8am, and everybody was at the door to greet me. I think they doubted that I could make it to work that early because when I was working for Dollamur, I would usually show up after lunch, that is if I went in at all.

I have decided my office is in desperate need of a makeover. If I had my camera, I would take a picture, but I don't, so you will have to use your imagination. The floor and shelves are littered with helmets of all kinds. There are also a bunch of folders on my desk that Laura left. I'm guessing they will be useful in the future, but I don't know what to do with them right now. The walls are bare except for a poster of the brain, which has already been quite useful. I think I'll leave that up.

So far I have been asked to read over a couple of legal cases, and I have figured out that I really don't know much about head injuries. I mean, I kinda have an idea what's going on, but I feel that I should be certain. I have the case file open and 3 medical books are taking up the rest of the space on my desk.

Alright, lunch time is over, so I gots to get back to work.

7 comments:

Maureen said...

hey congrats on your first day! how was the commute? Maybe you should move closer....like to our neighborhood! hehe just teasing--NO pressure! but you know all the cool kids live over here!
Well glad you had a good first day!

elizabeth said...

Oooohhhh man. Let me tell you about the commute. I have to leave the house at 7:15 if I want to get coffee.

I'm actually going to look at a few houses on Saturday with Vick, and a couple of them are over near you.

Maureen said...

Bits, I feel like you should be staying at our house this weekend! are you going to miss it?
Well yeah have fun house-hunting, I hope you find something very near us!

Kevin Thompson said...

Hey girl,
I did have a great birthday. Thanks! Was your office better then my little hole in the wall that I had at the University? I hope so. I hear your looking for a house? So cool...I know Mo is pushing for you to move close to her:) I'm glad you had a good first day...your so grown up:) Talk to you later.
Sharon

elizabeth said...

Mo
Yeah it was totally weird being at home the whole weekend. But I'm sure Callie was pumped that she got to get away. House hunting went pretty well, but I didn't find anything yet. I'm really picky.

Sharon
OH for sure my office beats the one you had in Stokely. Haha, poor Amy still has to work in there.

Thanks for leaving comments guys. I'm going to send all these lurkers over to Mo for some lessons in proper blog etiquette.

The Diddles said...

Congrats on the new job! I can't wait to be able to have Starbucks after the baby is born- only 2 more weeks! Glad to keep up through blogs! Take care!
Meghan

Kevin Thompson said...

You need to post again! How are you doing? Saw a pic of you on Mo's blog....love the hair cut. Sharon