Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Jake Gets Hitched!

On May 17, 2008, Jake (aka Rachel) married her TN House Majority Leader (aka Gary Odom) in Belle Meade, Nashville.

Proof that I can't afford to live in Belle Meade:

Umm, no, that's ok, I'll just have my limo driver make a loop around the block.


Wedding details:
The dress - Oscar de la Renta
The rock - huge! I tried to take a picture, but the ring was so huge and sparkly that my camera had a hard time focusing...
How they met - Rachel was Gary's summer intern in 2005(?). Don't quote me on that, coulda been 2006.
The band - awesome! They had choreographed dance moves and everything!
For dinner they served filet mignon. Good try, but I think that's a difficult meal to serve to so many people at the same time and do it well. I still ate it though. You know me, never turn down a good hunk a meat.
At the end of the night, there were fireworks over the golf course which I'm sure the grounds crew was super excited about in the morning.

Some pics from the wedding

First, sober

Lake Ave. together again!


The happy couple


Well, that's the end of the sober pictures. The reception was insane! Bartender Kim boasted that she could make margaritas five different ways, and I saw this as a personal challenge to try them all. Alas, I only tried two, but they were damn good.

The bride and me


The bride and Katie - rumor has it (and from a good source I might add!) that there are several paintings of Rachel in the house.


I have no idea


Get 'em, Katie!


Patrick was a lucky man, he took three girls back to his hotel room.


Who's next!??

5 comments:

Maureen said...

oohh looks like fun!! I am glad you posted it!
I esp. like the Lake Ave. reunion shot! congrats to Jake! Brooke is next!

Sharon said...

Wow! Looks like a ton of fun and a great party. Yeah, would have liked to see the rock....loved the pics. Up next Brookie:)

Anonymous said...

elizabeth you are so witty! i like your denver post and when are you going to get married to a politician...he ehehehheehheeee

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention Mary and Fritz!

Erin said...

I shop at a Kroger that offers Valet Parking (it's in Green Hills...another high end Nashville area), but I CHOOSE to park my car myself ;)