Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Grow little veggies (and fruit)

The last couple of weeks I have been commuting to work by bike, but as I was pumping up the rear tire on the Surly this morning, I blew a tube. So, since I had time to kill before hopping in the car, I took some shots of the garden this morning.


But first, the commuter rig...
A burly, heavy hunk of commuting fun. It weighs in at just a bit over 24 lbs. A big change from the Tarmac.

There it is, sans front fender because I can't find a long, skinny bolt.



baby yellow squash


maters - these guys were a surprise.


the zucchini is growing like crazy. there are blooms like this all over the place


peaches - still growing very, very slowly.

7 comments:

Dave Holmes said...

Nice veggies... and ANOTHER cross bike? Is three enough to say you have more than anyone else in town?

So what happened to your dad at the mohican?

Sharon said...

I want to come over for veggies:) what a great garden. Sorry about your bike....thats awesome you ride to work...saves gas huh. Its 4.00 up here...ahhhh Love the pics.

elizabeth said...

Hey now Dave, I only bought the frame. Speaking of frame, anybody want to buy a size 47 Cannondale cross frame?

geri said...

Bits, Its Geri
I want a garden, yours looks really neat. Didn't you have another veggie growing in there??
Anyways when are we gonna get to see the crib?????
Laters
G

Anonymous said...

i love your garden too elizabeth! i almost ate your ice cream for breakfast today! :)

ZaskarLE said...

I too like looking at your garden fruits. 24lbs is still a respectable commuter weight. We weighed my commuting hoss at RSO one day and she came in a bit over 40 lbs with gear. Our garden is coming along but not quite as well as yours yet.

elizabeth said...

What in the world are you carrying with you to get up to 40lbs?