Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dear DSG,

I hate you.

After lots of debating with myself, I decided to give dirt, sweat, and gears a go. That was a bad decision. The rain we've been having made the course unrideable and downright miserable. It took me three hours to go about 8 miles of a 10 mile loop, and I should have bailed earlier. Most of that time was spent scooping mud off the tires and out of the frame so the wheels would turn while I was pushing it. I figured my bike weighed about 50 lbs with all the mud. Well guess what, someone found a scale and weighed a bike after it had come off the course...92 pounds. 92 pounds!!! I believe it - I couldn't even lift my bike to carry it!



It wasn't all bad though. Free beer and good people can make any bad experience go away. Erin even came down from Nashvegas to hang with us in the mud.
If you want to see the mud for yourself. Check out www.cyclingdirt.com for some good videos. The site is done by the same people that do Flotrack, so you know it's good stuff!

5 comments:

Erin said...

So, one of pictures wasn't good enough for posting, huh?

elizabeth said...

i haven't had a chance to do through those yet. there are ALOT of them.

Erin said...

I'm not surprised...you were all about the photo shoot. It still cracks me up that we fell in the mud :)

Maureen said...

Geri reckons you should've just run from the start while carrying your bike, that way it would've never gotten muddy. surely you could run 10 miles in less than 3 hours!
Too funny, sounds like torture!

Unknown said...

i want to frame the top pic