Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Knoxiecross #2

Knoxiecross Race 2

Those are twos, not peace signs.

Notice I am sporting the post-race mohawk which can only be cultivated with the perfect mixture of sweat and left over hair product.

I had so much fun at this race. Saturday's turnout was the largest field ever at a Knoxiecross race with about 75 people racing and tons of spectators. The day started out chilly and windy, but it was quite pleasant by the time I got out on the course. Speaking of the course, I know that many of you have spent a good bit of time running at Victor Ashe Park, which was where this installment of Knoxiecross took place.

Back in my competitive running days, I would allow myself to run 1 lap at the park, and then I would sneak by coach and hit the roads. I always seemed to find the holes and uneven spots after I got a little tired and sloppy. Dare I say that the holes and uneven spots are actually worse on a bike?? Yes, I do dare. That was one bumpy course, fast though...fast and bumpy.

I busted out the single speed again(I think I'm hooked) and managed a 4th place finish in the biggest women's field to date. Good job racers!
Photobucket
(Please note that our race is run with the men's CX4 and juniors. The people in the picture(except for me) are not women.)

Two parents plus five kids all with bikes. This is how the Whittaker family rolls.


Next race is on February 9th at Melton Hill Park. Yeah, two miles from my house!!!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Hey skinny!
You look super fit! I love the hair. I bet its nice having short hair and easy to do. Love the pic of you and the guys....Im glad your having fun and doing great! Keep us posted and put more pics up. Great job!!!!

Maureen said...

Looks like fun! I totally should've come out to spectate! oh well maybe next year!

Dave Holmes said...

Sweet pics. 75 people? Looks like the cross scene is catching on after all... Did you see that you chicked almost half the guys field, nice work!