Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bracketology

'Tis that wonderful time of year when there is always something to watch on tv and business productivity comes to a screeching halt. Thank you CBSsportsline.com for showing live games on the internet so I can pretend I am feverishly working on an Excel spreadsheet when, in reality, I am watching to see if my upset picks are going to pan out. Can YOU pick the Cinderella team this year? Let's see.

I had thought about starting a real pool, you know, with money and all, but at this point I'm thinking good ol' trash talking and playing for bragging rights are enough to keep me entertained. So click on the link and join my tourney group! You'll have to create an account if you don't have one, and if you somehow navigate away from the group page before you join, the group info is below. Be patient, sometimes it's slow.

group name - bruce pearl for president
password - vols

Click Here

If you can't figure it out, let me know. Games start on the 20th, but I recommend getting your picks in soon because the site really bogs down right before the first game.

Did you know - the last time both teams that played in the national championship game didn't qualify for the NCAA tourney the next year was in 1980 after Michigan State beat Indiana State in 1979. Bonus - what two future stars played on those teams?

Good luck!

14 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm glad you sent this to me...I love playing. Last year I would get so upset when my teams would lose. Like your new layout on the blog....hope all is well.

Maureen said...

hello! The answer is Ervin MAGIC Johnson (MSU) & Larry Bird(ISU)!
I heart March Madness!!!

elizabeth said...

Yeah MO!

I also heart March Madness!

Anonymous said...

i wish i could say the same, i dont know anything about bball. :( i guess i could pick the 'ugly step sister' team.......

ZaskarLE said...

I can't believe I actually did something against my policy....No basketball or golf. OK so the only user name I could come up with that wasn't taken was "clubbingseals". Kinda funny no one had that one yet...Anyway I know nothing about basketball and for some reason after I filled out my bracket it put my name in twice. You all are going down, my outside the field bias will provide a fresh novel insight into the madness that is apparently March.

elizabeth said...

Almost game time!!

I'm glad we have such a large group!

Rebekah, you totally should have joined up anyway, even though you claim to know nothing about basketball. It's so fun!

Z - I still don't understand this no basketball and no golf policy, but I'm glad you joined in the fun.


Oh yeah, I'm gonna win.

The Diddles said...

I guess I may be too late since games start today, but walker always puts me in some sort of bracket he's in. I pick teams based on cool mascots. Stupid, I know, but fun!:)

Anonymous said...

so elizabeth are you winning?

elizabeth said...

ehh, no, not winning...yet!

Anonymous said...

hey elizabeth...your blog turned blue.

ZaskarLE said...

yes it did turn blue, my eyes are burning out of their sockets trying to read...please change it back! Is this a myspace page now? The only thing missing from a bright blue page is the male organ enlargement banner ad.

ZaskarLE said...

Well I'm not winning but Dave did point out I only need to watch 3 games, maybe less if some more of my picks lose.

Mtn bikers should not ever play BB.

Anonymous said...

elizabeth you have to make it a color!!!!!

ZaskarLE said...

That's like saying Elizabeth you have to put Teletubbies on your web page. Resist. black is the only other officially acceptable color. Don't listen to that gurl, she's crazy.